Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident at work? Contact us now.
In NC, workers’ compensation can reimburse you for medical expenses and lost wages. However, if you are awarded workers’ compensation, you may no longer be entitled to reimbursement for damages such as pain and suffering.
Tips for employees injured on the job:
- Report your injury to your employer immediately and seek medical attention.
- Inform your health care provider of the incident.
- File a Form 18 regarding your claim.
- Provide your employer with a written statement about the incident within 30 days.
- Keep copies of everything.
Types of injuries:
- Brain damage or head injuries
- Car or truck accidents on the job
- Knee injuries
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of vision
- Neck and back injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Repetitive use injuries